Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What's in my basket? Springtime Skincare Favourites

Happy Monday! Hopefully someone is out enjoying the sunshine, even if I'm not. You might remember way-way back when, I posted my solution to organised skincare- a basket. 

The other day while I was reorganising things/playing a game of 'product tetris' I decided to lay everything out, and elaborate a bit more on what is currently in my skincare basket. 

These are things I use daily, or at least regularly enough to warrant promotion out of the cabinet to the basket.  I like to think each serves a different (and justifiable) purpose to warrant their spot in the basket, which I'll detail down below. I'll link where I've done reviews- but doing this has reminded me I need to do a lot more! (REN serums and acid exfoliants to come soon!) 

Just realised- my headbands made the first photo (top left) they're for....uh... keeping the hair off your face. Extremely high-tech. 



First little group is things for getting my face nice and clean. I've got....

The Scrubby One- Lush- Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser 
Hardcore Acid Exfoliant (once weekly at most)Dr Dennis Gross- Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel
More Gentle Acids (twice weekly)Go To Skincare- Exfoliating Swipeys
Heavy Eye Makeup/Lipstick Remover- Bioderma 

(I've also got a big pump-pack of Sukin Sensitive Cleanser which is my all purpose cleanser)

On to the serums. I possibly have a few too many of these, but they all do something a bit different! Plus, as the most active, concentrated element of my routine, I figure they're worth splurging on. 

The Super Luxe Serum- REN Rose Synergy O12 Restoring Facial Serum
Anti-Aging Serum- Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir
Splurge-ish Daily Serum- REN Radiance Perfecting Serum
Economical Daily Serum-  Rosehip Plus Rosehip Oil- this is the one I meant to take to Port Douglas, as replacement for my A'Kin one. 




I'm still on the search for a perfect moisturiser, but here's what I'm working with at the moment

All Purpose Gentle Night Time- Swisse - Sensitive Vitamin E Face Moisturiser 
Day Time, with some SPF- Aveeno - Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser
Anti-Aging Night Time-  First Aid Beauty- 5 in 1 Restore Cream Age Delay

General light weight moisturiser for daytime? Still searching! I've just picked up two Lush moisturiser samples, to consider (Imperialis and Celestial)



Finally, things that can't really be categorised and stand by themselves. 


Refreshing Face Spritz- Lemongrass House-  Green Tea Toner

Eye Cream-  Kiehl's- Avocado Eye Treatment- 

And here they all are! More detailed reviews to come, but for now, that's a snapshot of the kind of things I'm loving this Spring, that warrant a prized basket-position. 








1 comment:

  1. Just found your site and I love Bath and Body Works, we have one here in Zurich so I'd definitely try it out. I'm also getting more into toners so I'd love to test your green tea one here. :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear....

Feel free to use OpenID if you'd like to be a product-holic anonymous